Youth Mobility Visa

The Youth Mobility Scheme visa allows young people aged between 18 to 30 years old to live and work in the United Kingdom for a period of up to two years.

How can I qualify for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa?

You can apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa if:

  • You would like to live and work in the UK for a period of up to 2 years. You cannot extend the visa, and you cannot be granted the visa more than once.
  • Are between the ages of 18 to 30. If you turn 31 after the visa is granted, you can continue to live in the UK until it expires.
  • Have at least £2,530.00 in savings to evidence you can support yourself in the UK. You must have held the funds for at least 28 consecutive days before submitting the application.
  • You are a national of one of the following countries:
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • Iceland
    • Monaco
    • New Zealand
    • San Marino
  • If you are a national of any of the countries listed below, you must first be selected in the Youth Mobility Scheme ballot before you can apply for this visa:
    • Hong Kong
    • India – Please note that the ballot for Indian nationals is not open yet.
    • Japan
    • South Korea
    • Taiwan
  • You are also qualified to apply if you have one of the following types of British Nationality:
    • British Overseas Territories Citizen
    • British National (overseas)
    • British overseas citizen

You are not eligible to apply if:

  • You have children under the age of 18 who live with you
  • You have children you are financially responsible for
  • Have already been in the UK under the same scheme

Family members of Youth Mobility Scheme workers

The Youth Mobility Scheme visa does not allow family members to join you in the UK.

How to apply

This visa can only be applied for online from outside of the UK.

If you would like legal assistance with applying for a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa, please contact us for a quote.