Youth Mobility Visa

The Youth Mobility Scheme visa allows young people aged between 18 to 30 (or 18-35 years old depending on your nationality) to live and work in the United Kingdom for a period of up to two years. Applicants from some countries will be able to extend their Youth Mobility visa from within the UK, bringing their total period of leave on this route to 3 years.

The scheme does not require you to be sponsored for a job or meet any salary thresholds like the Skilled Worker visa route.

How can I qualify for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa?

You can apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa if:

  • You would like to live and work in the UK for a period of up to 2 years. Nationals of Australia, Canada, and New Zealand can extend the visa for up to 1 year from within the UK.
  • Are between the ages of 18 to 30, or 18-35 depending on your nationality. If you turn 31 or 36 after the visa is granted, you can continue to live in the UK until it expires.
  • Have at least £2,530.00 in savings to evidence you can support yourself in the UK. You must have held the funds for at least 28 consecutive days before submitting the application.
  • You can apply for the visa if you’re aged 18 to 35 and from:
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • New Zealand
    • South Korea
  • You can apply for the visa if you’re aged 18 to 30 and from:
    • Andorra
    • Iceland
    • Japan
    • Monaco
    • San Marino
    • Uruguay
  • If you are a national of any of the countries listed below, you must first be selected in the Youth Mobility Scheme ballot before you can apply for this visa:
  • You are also qualified to apply if you have one of the following types of British Nationality:
    • British Overseas Territories Citizen
    • British National (overseas)
    • British overseas citizen

You are not eligible to apply if:

  • You have children under the age of 18 who live with you.
  • You have children you are financially responsible for.
  • Have already been in the UK under the same scheme.

Family members of Youth Mobility Scheme workers

The Youth Mobility Scheme visa does not allow family members to join you in the UK.

How to apply

The initial visa can only be applied for online from outside of the UK.

If you would like legal assistance with applying for a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa, please contact us for a quote.

For more information on our Youth Mobility Visas, please get in contact where we would love to discuss how we could help you in your application.

Learn More

Global Talent Visa

The Global Talent Visa is an innovative immigration program designed to attract and retain global talent to the UK.

High Potential Individual Visa

The High Potential Individual Visa provides an innovative way to help employers recruit and retain top key players in their organisation.

UK Ancestry Visa

The UK Ancestry Visa provides the opportunity for individuals with at least one grandparent from the United Kingdom to gain access to live, work and study in the country for a period of five years.

British National (Overseas) Visa

If you hold British National (Overseas) Citizenship and you have ties with Hong Kong, you may be eligible for a British National (Overseas) Visa also known as BNO visa.

Youth Mobility Visa

This Visa is an ideal option for young people looking to travel around the world.

Graduate Visa

The Graduate Visa is an ideal solution to enable international students to remain in the respective country of study after completion of their studies. It allows for a limited stay in the country with the possibility of extending a visa for certain purposes such as employment and even permanent residence.

Get in Touch

With years of experience working in UK immigration and British nationality law, our advisors can help you understand the process and take the right steps to obtain your visa. Get in touch today.