Adult Dependent Relative Visa

The Adult Dependant Relative visa is designed to enable adult relatives who need to be cared for to come to the UK to live with a qualifying relative who is living in the UK.

Applicants for Adult Dependant Relative visas must demonstrate that:

  • they are dependent on a parent, grandchild, brother, sister, son, or daughter who is living in the UK;
  • they need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks (such as washing and cooking) because of illness, disability or age;
  • the care they need is not available or affordable in the country they live in; and
  • the person they will be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate, and care for them without claiming public funds for at least five years.

The applicant must be unable to access the care needed in the country they are living in, even with the relative’s financial and practical help. The care needed can include a nursing home or a housekeeper.

The applicant will need to provide evidence of their relationship to their relative. Evidence will also need to be provided by a doctor or health professional regarding the applicant’s health and needs.

The applicant must provide evidence of why the care they require is not available in their home country, or provide evidence of their financial circumstances to demonstrate why the care is not affordable.

For more information on our Adult Dependent Relative Visas, please get in contact where we would love to discuss how we could help you in your application.

Book Now

Applications under this category can only be made from outside of the UK. Applicants cannot switch into this category from within the UK.

The UK based relative must demonstrate that:

  • they are over 18 years old;
  • they own or solely occupy a property in the UK in which the applicant can be cared for;
  • they are a British or Irish citizen, are settled in the UK, have pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or that they have been granted asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK; and
  • they are financially able to support, accommodate and care for the applicant.

Length and conditions of stay in the UK
If the applicant has met the above requirements, and their relative is a British or Irish citizen, or is settled in the UK, indefinite leave to enter will be granted. If the relative has pre-settled status or they have been granted asylum or humanitarian protection and have limited leave to remain in the UK, the applicant will be granted limited leave to enter in line with their relative’s period of leave in the UK

If you require assistance with applying for the visa, please contact us.


Family Visa Services

Spouse/Partner Visa

Spouse Partners Visas offer a comprehensive service for married couples looking to apply for visas to the UK.

Adult Dependent Relative Visa

The Adult Dependent Relative Visa is a visa option designed for those who wish to join their close relatives in the UK

Parent Visa

A Parent Visa is an essential product for anyone with a parent who wants to reside in the same country as their child.

Dependent Child Visa

The Dependent Child Visa is an immigration visa that allows eligible children to join and accompany another family member residing in a country.

Get in Touch

With years of experience working in UK immigration and British nationality law, our advisors can help you understand the process and take the right steps to obtain your visa. Get in touch today.