Health and Care Worker visa

This visa is exclusively for health and care workers who have been offered a job by the National Health Service (‘NHS’), an organisation providing medical services to the NHS, or an organisation providing adult social care.

How do I qualify?

To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must:

  • Be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional, or adult social care professional
  • Work in an eligible health or social care job
  • Work for a UK employer that’s been licensed by the Home Office
  • Have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
  • Be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do
  • You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You may need to prove your English knowledge when you apply.
  • You may also need to provide a criminal record certificate, and tuberculosis test results.

How long can I stay?

Your visa may last for up to 5 years before it expires. You will need to apply to extend or update your visa before is expires, change jobs, or employer. After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK. This also gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like and apply for benefits if you are eligible.

How much does it cost?

The standard application fee depends on whether you’ll be in the UK for:

  • up to 3 years – £247 per person
  • more than 3 years – £479 per person

The fee is the same whether you apply from inside or outside the UK.

Unlike most immigration routes in the UK, there is no immigration health surcharge payable for this visa.

You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK unless your employer has certified your maintenance on your certificate of sponsorship

How to apply:

You must apply online on the website..

If you change employers, you must apply update your visa.

If you require assistance with applying for the Health and Care Worker Visa, please contact us for a quote.