Overseas Domestic Worker Visa
You can apply for a visa to visit the UK with your employer if you:
- live outside the UK
- are a domestic worker in a private household
- have worked for your employer for at least one year
- meet the other eligibility requirements
Domestic workers include:
- those providing personal care for the employer and their family
How long it will take
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.
It costs £531 for an Overseas Domestic Worker visa.
How long you can stay
You can use this visa to visit the UK with your employer for up to 6 months. You must return home at the end of the 6 months.
You cannot extend an Overseas Domestic Worker visa.
You may be able to extend a Domestic Worker in a Private Household visa if you applied on or before 5 April 2012.
What you can and cannot do
- travel abroad and return to the UK to complete your stay
- change employers to another job as a domestic worker in a private household – only if you do not stay longer than the 6 months
- work except as a domestic worker in a private household
- live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
- get public funds
You must prove that you:
- are 19 or older
- have worked for your employer for at least 1 year
- work in the same household as your employer or one they use regularly
- plan to travel to the UK with your employer, their partner or children
- intend to work as a full-time domestic worker in a UK household your employer will live in
- plan to leave the UK at the end of 6 months
- are able to support yourself in the UK without the need for public funds
Your employer must be either a:
- British citizen who usually lives outside the UK and who does not intend to remain in the UK for more than 6 months
- foreign citizen who is coming to the UK on a visit and who does not intend to remain for more than 6 months
Your employer must also pay you at least the national minimum wage.
For more information on our Overseas Domestic Worker Visas, please get in contact where we would love to discuss further on how we could help you.Learn More
The option to obtain an Overseas Media Representative Visa is available for individuals who wish to work in the UK as representatives of overseas media organisations on long-term assignments.
The Innovator Founder Visa offers entrepreneurs a unique pathway for their startup to join the UK economy.
This Minister of Religion Visa is designed to provide visa holders with tailored protection to allow them to fulfill their religious duties throughout their stay.
The Frontier Worker Permit provides an easy, convenient way to obtain special access to work in the Frontier. By simply obtaining this permit, you will have all the necessary permissions and clearance to work without delay.
The Overseas Domestic Worker Visa is an ideal solution for those looking to extend their stay in the country for longer periods. It provides the necessary rights and permissions to live and work as domestic workers in an another country.
Under the Service Providers from Switzerland route, eligible employers, companies, or self-employed individuals have the opportunity to enter into contracts with a UK-based party for a maximum duration of 90 days per calendar year.
The Scale-up Worker Visa route offers a streamlined process for highly skilled workers to enter the UK.
Get in Touch
With years of experience working in UK immigration and British nationality law, our advisors can help you understand the process and take the right steps to obtain your visa. Get in touch today.