Permitted Paid Engagement Visitor Visa
The Permitted Paid Engagement Visa is for experts who are aged 18 years or older in certain fields, and intend to come to the
UK for no more than 1-month.
The list of permitted fields are:
- Academics coming to examine students and/or participate in or chair selection panels, and have been invited by a UK higher education institution; or a UK-based research or arts organisation
- An expert coming to give lectures in their subject area, where they have been invited by a higher education institution; or a UK-based research or arts organisation, and this does not amount to filling a teaching position
- An overseas designated pilot examiner coming to assess UK-based pilots, where they have been invited by an approved training organisation based in the UK that is regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority for that purpose
- A qualified lawyer coming to provide advocacy for a court or tribunal hearing, arbitration, or other form of dispute resolution for legal proceedings within the UK
- A professional artist, entertainer, or musician coming to carry out an activity directly relating to their profession, where they have been invited by a creative (arts or entertainment) organisation, agent or broadcaster based in the UK
- A Professional Sportsperson coming to carry out an activity directly relating to their profession, where they have been invited by a sports organisation, agent, or broadcaster based in the UK.
You can spend a maximum of 1-month in the UK on a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa. Non-visa nationals do not need to apply for the visa prior to entering the UK and can apply for leave to enter on arrival by speaking with an Immigration Officer and getting an endorsement stamp in their passport for this purpose.
For more information on our Permitted Paid Engagement Visitor Visas, please get in contact where we would love to discuss how we could help you in your application.Book Now
Visitor Visa Services
For those seeking to come to the UK for tourism and visiting family, usually for up to 6 months.
For those seeking to come to the UK to marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of their intention to marry or enter into a civil partnership.
For experts in their field coming to the UK to undertake specific paid engagements for a maximum of 1 month.
For those who want to transit the UK on route to another country outside the Common Travel Area, and who will enter the UK for up to 48 hours by crossing the UK border.
Electronic Visa Waivers (EVW) provide a fast and efficient method for international travellers needing to obtain an appropriate visa.
Get in Touch
With years of experience working in UK immigration and British nationality law, our advisors can help you understand the process and take the right steps to obtain your visa. Get in touch today.