Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

You may be eligible to apply to visit the UK for a paid engagement if you have been invited as an expert in your profession. You will qualify if you have been invited to:

  • take part in selection panels as a qualified academic if you’re invited by an education, arts, or research organisation
  • be a student examiner or evaluator
  • give lectures at a higher education institution, as long as it’s not a part-time or full-time position 
  • coming to provide advocacy for an arbitration, court or tribunal hearing or other form of dispute resolution for legal proceedings within the UK, where you have been invited by a client and you are a qualified attorney 
  • examine UK-based pilots so they meet the standards of the country you come from if you’re invited by an approved UK training organisation regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority 
  • participate in fashion modelling assignments where you have been invited by an agency based in the UK 
  • take part in arts, entertainment, or sporting activities including broadcasting where you have been invited by a sports organisation, agent, or broadcaster based in the UK 

You can spend a maximum of 1-month in the UK on a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa. Non-visa nationals do not need to apply for the visa prior to entering the UK and can apply for leave to enter on arrival by speaking with an Immigration Officer.

If you require assistance with applying for the visa, please contact us for a quote.