This category is for experienced businesspeople seeking to establish or run a business in the UK that is different from anything else on the market. Applicants will have an innovative, viable, and scalable business idea which is supported by an endorsing body. With some exceptions, applicants will have funding to invest in their business.
How do I qualify?
To qualify, your business plan must endorsed by an endorsing body as listed on the www.gov.uk website.
You must also meet the other eligibility requirements:
- You must satisfy the English language requirement
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must have had at least £1,270 in your personal bank account for 28 consecutive days before you apply for the visa
- You must have at least £50,000 in investment funds to apply or an Innovator visa and you will need to prove where you got the funds from.
How long can I stay?
Your visa will initially be granted for 3 years.
You may be eligible to apply for settlement after you have been in the UK for 3 years if you meet the suitability and eligibility criteria.
If your endorsement is withdrawn by the endorsing body, your visa may be cut short. If you want to stay longer, you must re-apply with a new endorsement before the current visa expires.
How much does it cost?
There will be an application fee of £1,036.00 due at the time of submission. If extending or switching to this visa, the fee charged will be £1,292.00.
You must also pay the immigration health surcharge on top of the application fee, which is currently set at £624.00 per annum for an adult, and £470.00 per annum for a child.
How do I apply?
You must apply online on the www.gov.uk website.
Things that can and cannot on an Innovator Visa
- Set up a business or several businesses
- Work for your business – this includes being employed as a director, or self-employed as a member of a business partnership
- Bring family members with you
- Do any work outside your business, for example work where you’re employed by another business
- Work as a professional sportsperson, for example a sports coach
- Get public funds
If you require assistance with applying for this visa, please get in touch for a quote.