You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and you’re either:
the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company
an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK
In addition to the above, you must meet the following criteria;
If you are coming to the UK as a sole representative, you must:
- be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
- have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
- hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
- intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, eg a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary
- have good knowledge of the English Language and undertake the English Lagnuage Test if English is not your first language.
- you may also be eligible if the company has a legal entity in the UK that doesn’t employ staff or transact business.
- if your company has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative.